The 2nd Annual Research Coordination Meeting for the Department of Forests and Park Services (DoFPS), Ministry of Agriculture and Forests is underway at Gelegphu (28th-29th November 2017) with the theme “Towards integrating science and policy for natural resource management” .
The meeting is coordinated to streamline forestry research in the country, with the following objectives:
• Share and hear synopsis of forestry research
• Discuss research issues and resolve
• Identify research needs and prioritize
• Assess training needs and prioritize
• Plan and coordinate research activities
• Enhance institutional linkages and collaboration
The meeting is being chaired by the Director, DoFPS and around forty participants comprising of Chief Forestry Officers from the Functional Divisions, Protected Areas and Territorial Divisions are attending the meeting.The meeting expects research activities to be planned and coordinated while also discussing and resolving research issues and enhancing Institutional linkages and collaborations.
The Ugyen Wangchuck Institute for Conservation and Environmental Research, Lamai Goempa, Bumthang is organizing this meeting with financial support from RGoB and UNDP, Bhutan.