In an effort to connect the serving foresters with that of the past, 10 retired foresters, were invited to join the Department in celebrating the World Ranger Day on 31 July 2020 in Thimphu. They were also invited to show our deep respect and gratitude for the lifetime contribution they made to the Department. It was a rare privilege for the Department to have joined by a group of mentor foresters, who begun their career and retired as a forester. This group of seasoned foresters, were most instrumental in shaping the Department since they worked at the capacity of decision-makers. Having served their whole career in Department, they left an imprint of their hard work and dedication and a legacy for younger generations to look up to. They may have retired, yet they still are a big source of inspiration and serves as a mentor.
In appreciation of their lifelong service to the forest and environmental conservation, the Department presented a memoir plaque. They also graced the pipping of gosa or insignia of Department staff, who could not be accommodated at NRDCL hall, for the morning session.
The group included;
1. Dasho Sangay Thinley, Ex. Secretary, MoAF, once Joint Secretary of Forest Department,
2. Dasho Dawa Tshering, the then Director-General, Dept of Forestry Service,
3. Dasho Namgay Wangchuk, Ex. Director-General, BAFRA, who served as DFO, Dzongdag as well as MD, FDCL,
4. Dasho Tika Ram Giri, Ex. Councilor also served as Thimphu DFO.
5. Mr. Gopal Mahat, Ex. Joint Director, FPED, DoFPS,
6. Mr. K.B Samal, Ex. Specialist, WMD, served as DFO in Zhemgang
7. Mr. Raling Ngawang, Ex. Speciliast, NRED,
8. Mr. Kaka Tshering, Ex. CFO, Paro Forest Division,
9. Mr. Kin Gyeltshen, Ex. DFO, Trashigang Forest Division.
The Department remains ever indebted and truly grateful for their sincere and dedicated service to the Department and the nation.
By Forest Resources Management Division