ABOUT BHUTAN TIGER CENTER
The BHUTAN Tiger Center (BTC) was established to commemorate the first birthday of His Royal Highness, Gyalse Jigme Namgyal, under the direction of the Department of Forests and Park Services, Ministry of Agriculture and Forests, Royal Government of Bhutan. The BTC serves as a center for research, education, outreach, and policy as a part of the continued commitment of the leadership of Bhutan to being at the forefront of environmental and wildlife conservation.
- To conduct world-class tiger research
- To provide education and outreach resources to the people of Bhutan and tiger range countries
- To conserve tigers and their habitat for future generations
We strive to act as a global leader in wildlife research, conservation and education. Through our projects and programs, we hope to create a world where tigers, their habitat and all of the species that depend on these environments thrive for the benefit of all.
OUR PRIORITY AREAS
- Understanding the ecology of mountain tigers and other cats
- Conserving available tiger habitats: From Maps to Action
- Mitigating human-tiger conflicts
- Contribute to regional and global tiger policy through discourse with conservation partners and stakeholders
334 total views, 1 views today