The Forest Section will aim to focus on forestry activities of relevance to watershed management program and it is designed to contribute to a larger program vision, goal and objective of the National Watershed Management Program and provide technical and informational assistance to Watershed Management Division to strengthened institutional and organizational development of watershed management across the country.
Develop and maintain close working relationship with other sections of the division to ensure integrity and facilitate the integration of forestry activities of relevance to watershed management objectives into Geog and other relevant area based management plans with the view to support participatory planning by bringing together the relevant line agencies to ensure holistic and integrated planning at the geog level. Take lead in assessing impact of forestry activities of relevance to watershed management and their contribution to achieving the WSM objectives. Support implementation of prioritized forestry activities of relevance to watershed management objectives in Government Reserved Forests and pursue payment for environmental services options as alternative financing mechanism through development of appropriate modalities including carbon sequestration credits.
- Facilitate coordination, collaboration, networking and establishment of partnerships with relevant agencies to ensure mainstreaming of forestry activities of relevance to watershed management objectives & plans into the regular planning and budgeting processes of central programmes, dzongkhags and geogs
- Facilitate planning, coordination, monitoring and evaluation of forestry activities of relevance to achieving watershed management objectives that are implemented by different line agencies and work closely with all relevant agencies interest in carrying out activities designed to improve watershed conditions within the county to avoid duplication of efforts.
- Carry out biophysical assessment and socio-economic survey pertinent to no. of house hold and population using rapid appraisal system to determine demography, forest condition, forest-used types, land-used types and terrain condition of relevance to watershed management objectives within the given watersheds.
- Assist dzongkhag watershed management committee in all dzongkhags with the relevant technical information and funding where necessary for development of plan and programs designed to achieve watershed management objectives.
- Identify critical watersheds for environmental conservation, poverty reduction, food security, important rural landscape values and where the pilot project could be implemented.
280 total views, 1 views today